Upcoming Out & Abouts:
- August 30th- Out & About- Garden get-to-know-you games in the Backyard Garden
- September 6th- Out & About-B-Street Farm- Learn about Out & Abouts and team building
- September 13th- Out & About- Mercy Corps and NIKKEI Japanese Museum (6 Chaperones needed)
- September 2oth- In & About- Forest Grove City Planning and Mapping
- September 27th- In & About- Jim Moore- Political Maps
- October 4th- Out & About- Portland Street Art Alliance (4 Chaperones Needed)
- October 11th- Out & About- Washington County Democrats and Susan McLain (4 Chaperones Needed)
- October 18th & 19th- Student-led Conferences no Out & About
- October 25th- In & About- Rob Molina GOP running for House of Representatives
- November 1st- Out & About- Portland Art Museum and Oregon Historical Society
- November 9th- FRIDAY- Out & About- Shiver: A musical- Oregon Children’s Theater
- November 15th- In & About- Research Project Work
- November 17th through 24th- Thanksgiving Break
- November 29th- Out & About- Great Horned Owls- Washington County Court House
- December 6th- Out & About- Barn Owls- Washington County Court House
- December 13th- Out & About- Oregon Symphony- Cirque de Symphonie
- December 20th- Out & About-Pacific University Biology Lab- Microscopes
- January 10th- In & About- Financial Literacy with Bank of the West
- January 17th- In & About- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention with Washington County Health Dept
- January 24th- Out & About- Career Day at Intel (4 Chaperones needed)
- February 7th- In & About- Pioneering and Basketweaving with Unger Farms
- February 14th- Out & About- Oregon Maritime Museum (4 Chaperones needed)
- February 21st- Out & About- Eden Acres- Fire-making and Blade Skills Pioneering Workshop
- February 28th- Out & About- NAYA Museum Portland (4 Chaperones needed)
Spring Expedition: Salem
We are excited to again be able to take our Level 4 Students to Salem to learn about government. We are currently working on this trip and will get you more information as soon as we have it available.
Want to be a Facilitator on an Amazing Out & Abouts?
Here is what you need to do:
Facilitators are the awesome adult helpers that accompany us on our Out and Abouts! Are you interested? First let me start by saying THANK YOU!!! Here at FGCS we rely on our Facilitators to help us make our many Out and Abouts a reality. If you want to be a facilitator on an O&A here is what you need to do:
- Review the Forest Grove Facilitators handout, this will easily layout the expectations of every out and about: Forest Grove Facilitator Handout: forestgrovefacilitatorshandout.pdf
- Check this weekly page frequently for upcoming Out and Abouts. If a facilitator is needed it will say FACILITATORS NEEDED. Then contact me, Stephanie Woods at email@example.com and let me know you are interested.
- Complete your Volunteer background check. I can not let you join us unless this is done. Please click here to fill out the form, I will be notified when it is complete: https://www.helpcounterweb.com/welcome/apply.php?district=forestgrove Please see below if you have more questions.
- Once I have confirmed with you that you are facilitating a trip, check your email, because I will be sending you a trip itinerary, with all the trip details and need to know information.
Hagg Lake Adventure
Out and About Slideshow
Comic City USA: We are superheros!
Under new Forest Grove School District policy, criminal background checks will be required for all volunteers starting with the 2014-15 school year. This includes, but is not limited to, Out & About chaperones and classroom volunteers.
We encourage all current and prospective volunteers to go to the link below as soon as possible to fill out the criminal background verification form online. There is no cost to the volunteer and all information provided will remain confidential. Starting Oct. 1, 2014, individuals will not be allowed to volunteer until their background check has been approved.
The conviction of a crime will not automatically disqualify a person from volunteering. Each situation will be considered individually.
We appreciate all of our dedicated volunteers at FGCS. Thanks in advance for taking the time to complete an online background check to continue volunteering at FGCS. Contact Karen Torry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-359-4600 with any questions.
Please click the following link to sign up to be a volunteer and submit a background check (be sure to choose Forest Grove Community School as a school where you want to volunteer)
goo.gl/forms/RRphdbd3qyO6xECl2 - My future survey